Research business Defaqto has added whole-of-life protection policies to its star ratings service.
Advisers can use the ratings, based on a one-to-five scale, to identify life cover policies based on their overall quality, rather than on price alone, Defaqto said. The company launched star ratings for Direct Life Assurance and Over 50s Plans last month. Defaqto insight analyst for life and protection Ben Heffer said: "While unit-linked whole-of-life was the most popular form of whole of life assurance for a number of years, the focus has shifted away from investment linked plans towards non-profit whole of life with a number of providers reinventing their whole of life plans as pro...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.