Legal & General (L&G) is increasing the underwriting limits across its life insurance and critical illness (CI) products among other changes to its protection proposition.
Life insurance financial underwriting will begin at a sum assured of £1.5m, an increase from £800,000, while the sum assured limit on CI cover will rise to £750,000 from £500,000. The group added it is also simplifying its financial questions at the application stage. L&G underwriting and claims director Russ Whitworth said: "We felt there was scope to make these improvements to simplify the application process for larger sums assured. "We're streamlining the amount of information our customers need to provide in order to get cover as well as speeding up their applications, which w...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.