Fund groups signed up to Skandia's WealthSelect proposition are holding further talks with the platform after it altered its pricing plans, sparking concerns over margins.
In 2012, the platform signed up ten groups to its WealthSelect proposition, including Artemis, Henderson and Schroders, securing preferential terms on over 20 external funds. The deals centred on Skandia’s ability to provide flows to the funds from both advisers and its life book in exchange for ‘super clean’ prices. Funds which made the list have been launched afresh on the platform as Old Mutual Global Investors’ funds, run by the external managers on a sub-advised mandate. To help promote the funds, Skandia – soon to rebrand as Old Mutual Wealth – originally intended to reduce i...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.