Edward Bramson is to stand down from his role as chairman of F&C Asset Management, to be replaced by Keiran Poynter.
Bramson (pictured) is a founder of activist investor Sherborne Investors, who took his position at the head of the board of F&C following a coup in 2011. Bramson recently said he was preparing to redistribute some of the 19% stake it holds in F&C to Sherborne's own investors, according to reports, which include asset managers Threadneedle and Aviva. His departure from the board could indicate Bramson believes he has managed to turn around the fortunes of F&C. Bramson introduced a raft of cost-cutting measures designed to save the business £50m, which helped imrove profits at the as...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.