HSBC has launched the lowest ever fixed rate mortgage seen in the UK mortgage market with a 1.49% headline rate product.
The direct-only lender will offer the two-year fixed rate product with a fee of £1,999 for borrowers with a deposit of 60%. This product undercuts the products offered by Chelsea Building Society and Yorkshire Building Society, which stand at 1.64% and 1.66% respectively. Other products launched by the lender include a 1.69% two-year discount with a £1,499 fee and a 2.19% lifetime tracker with £1,999 fee, both available up to 60% loan-to-value (LTV). For those with smaller deposits, the lender will also offer a 3.59% two-year fix and a 3.99% lifetime tracker with fees of £1,499 and...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.