Abbey for Intermediaries has revealed plans to distribute all of its core retail financial products through brokers and confirmed its much-speculated entry into the buy-to-let sector.
In his first media interview, exclusively with IFAonline's sister publication Mortgage Solutions, Miguel Sard, managing director of Abbey for Intermediaries (pictured), said the lender's long-term goal is to distribute products including credit cards, unsecured personal loans and current accounts through advisers. He said: "It is in the early stages and we are not launching tomorrow, but we are thinking of distributing our core retail products, such as current accounts, unsecured personal loans and credit cards, through intermediaries. "We want to support the broader business relation...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.