Skandia has bought a £19m stake in the Liontrust Credit Absolute Return fund, spreading the investment across a number of portfolios.
Funds investing in the Liontrust vehicle include Skandia's Diversified, Bond Income and Alternative Investments funds. Managed by Simon Thorp and James Sclater, the Liontrust Credit Absolute Return fund is a Ucits III vehicle focused on credit opportunities across Europe. SIG head of fixed interest research Adam Smears says: "The fund provides low interest rate exposure, but has the ability to add value through credit selection and credit spread capture. "As government bond yields are now very low - although credit spreads are still relatively wide - it is important managers can go...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.