HSBC is launching a discretionary portfolio service for high net worth clients which will provide access to a range of asset classes.
The portfolio, which offers conservative, moderate and growth strategies, will be biased towards index-tracking funds. It will offer a diverse range of asset classes including: global equities, bonds, hedge funds, commodities, private equity and real estate. HSBC says diversification is key as research shows up to 92% of investment returns are determined by how investments are combined in portfolios. Tracey Maeter, managing director of HSBC Private Bank, say: "Evidence shows that index-tracking funds typically outperform actively managed funds over the long term and charge lower ma...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.