Alastair Munday talks value investing and his love of reading and chess with Richard Romer-Lee
How did you become a fund manager? With gilts there is only one decision to make - am I bullish or bearish? I found it shockingly boring, so much so that I decided to study for an MBA. I needed a reference and went to the head of equities, who was the chair of the Society of Investment Analysts, to get one. He suggested I become an equity analyst, so I did. Chris Burvill then left to join Guinness Flight, Clive Beagles had been picked to do something else so I was the only choice to take over as a fund manager. I had no idea what I was doing. Can you imagine that happening now? Wha...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.