Where's our boom gone?
The housing and mortgage markets are booming – but protection sales are lagging behind. Our panel of experts tried to find out why. Georgina Kenyon reports Johanna Gornitzki: To kick off today’s debate I thought we could start by focusing on the mortgage market. Are mortgage sales falling? David Hollingworth: Mortgage sales are booming and purchasing power and remortgage sales remain strong. While the first half of 2005 was a difficult period consumers are confident and sales are again booming this year. Andy Pratt: London’s housing market is very strong this year and t...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.