Jenna Brown listened in to the tense PFS membership webinar held at the end of last week which focused on the ongoing "civil war" between the two professional bodies...
The ongoing dispute between the Personal Finance Society (PFS) and the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII), described by one commentator last week as a "civil war", took another turn on Friday as key players from both sides stated their case to PFS members. For those out of the loop, on 21 December the CII moved to add additional board members to the PFS giving it a majority over member directors. It now has five board members to the PFS's four. The shock decision to take over the board had followed a period of independent mediation between the two organisations over finances and the ...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.