When it comes to sustainable investing, clients and advisers can talk past each other, Charlotte Moore writes…
Clients might want to allocate capital sustainably but do not understand how this translates into portfolio design and advisers are struggling to explain the complexity of this investment approach. Brooks Macdonald head of responsible investment Ben Palmer says: "We often find clients tell advisers they have a very specific requirement for their portfolio because they have read an article or watched a documentary." For example, a client might have watched David Attenborough's ‘Blue Planet' and will then tell their adviser they do not want to invest in the plastics industry. Palmer ...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.