After presenting at Professional Adviser's Multi-Asset Masterclass event earlier this year, Hawksmoor Investment Management's Ben Conway sits down with PA editor Tom Ellis to discuss why he does not see fixed income as much of a diversifier at the moment, among other topics
As fixed income traditionally played a key role as a diversifier in portfolios for investors, particularly multi-asset investors, Conway says finding other effective substitutes for fixed income is "the key question" for multi-asset managers. "A good diversifier has to be cheap," Conway says, "and it has to kick in when other things in your portfolio are not. And the key thing about this is you cannot look to history as a guide because correlations are always changing." You can watch the full interview, which includes Conway's opinions on fund managers justifying their costs, by clic...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.