Royal London Asset Management's head of fixed income Jonathan Platt talks artificial intelligence, dairy farmers and finally getting on the right side of the City-United trade after 40 years, with Victoria Hasler
How did you get into fund management? At university I did not know what a fund manager did, so I can't say this was something I had always wanted to do. The job description of a fund manager sounded interesting, however, and seemed to play to my strengths. I joined Royal London in 1985, when working in fund management was a fairly unknown profession. What keeps you in fund management? Every day is different. I enjoy learning and being able to weigh things up. I like the fact you can objectively assess how you have done versus the benchmark and your peers in terms of performance and b...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.