Clive Hale examines how to make sense of the diverse Targeted Absolute Return sector and offers a handful of fund picks...
Equity markets are in general following a long-term uptrend but, recently, they have become a lot more volatile as a result of concerns over the ending of quantitative easing in the US. However, what has acted as counterweight is the Bank of Japan (BoJ). The BoJ has now taken up the reins from the US and the ECB may not be far behind. Geopolitical tensions in the Ukraine and the Middle East are not helping sentiment either, and in many parts of the world elections are looming, most notably here in the UK. With all this uncertainty, markets have started to exhibit greater volatility...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.