Mark Mobius examines the Chinese government's plans, its success so far and the opportunities beginning to emerge from the stock market...
Reform efforts in China are gaining momentum. The big question, however, is whether this will buoy investor confidence and jumpstart its local A-share market. In November 2013, the Chinese Communist Party convened its Third Plenary Session, resulting in a general blueprint for the country going forward: A Decision on Major Issues Concerning Comprehensive and Far-Reaching Reforms. There were a variety of areas targeted, including fiscal reform, anti-corruption efforts and integrated rural-urban development. Since then, the Chinese government has released more detailed reform plan...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.