Adam Wrench looks at some of the opportunities and pitfalls for expats returning to the UK
It is estimated that there are about 250 million expats living around the world. If they were all grouped together, they would form the fifth largest country in the world by population. What's more, if they all decided to return to their home countries, it is likely that there would be roughly 250 million permutations of financial investment, pensions and tax plans that would need to be put in place to cater for them. The extra complexities involved in efficiently transferring what could be a wide variety of assets back to the UK can prove to be a daunting task, and one which certainl...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.