The QROPS market has real benefits for those retiring abroad but it has been dogged by controversy. In this Retirement Planner Inquiry Helen Morrissey asks how the market can meet its challenges and looks at the prospects for growth.
The QROPS market has undergone a great deal of scrutiny in recent years. While it undoubtedly has applications for those who retire abroad, there have been many instances of people trying to bend the rules as a means of accessing their pension funds early. In addition to this the jurisdictions able to offer QROPS have fluctuated over recent years with Guernsey proving to be a high-profile casualty. As a result it’s fair to say advisers approach the market with some trepidation. While new countries are put forward as the next new QROPS jurisdiction there is little security as to whether t...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.