Welcome to our weekly round-up of the articles and stories your clients may have read in the national newspapers over the weekend...
Computer-controlled passives Though plain vanilla tracker funds have long been on investors' radars, readers of The Sunday Times may have been intrigued by a piece on ‘smart' passives, which included a focus on some ETF vehicles. While traditional trackers simply replicate the performance of an index, the article pointed out, smart passive funds are programmed to hold stocks that match a set criteria - such as the size of dividend payouts, the size of the company, or the strength of its annual sales. Don't be surprised if some clients refer to these "actively-managed trackers". J...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.