Dave Miller, head of portal at Avelo, explains how to take advantage of opportunities arising from changes to the protection market.
The past few months have witnessed major change in the protection market. A previously static industry has become significantly more competitive due to the growth in direct to consumer (D2C) as well as advisers looking to protection as a way of assisting with the transition to a fee-based environment. The gender directive has also led to a period of price instability with sometimes significant movement on a daily basis. Advisers have also seen that the threat of aggregators has moved the intermediated market from a commoditised environment to one based on value. Consumers are used ...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.