Three advisers reveal the most unusual careers their clients have had and tell Charlotte Richards about the problems that come with these trickier cases…
Gareth Griffiths Partner at Pro Sport Wealth Management (official partner of the Professional Footballers' Association) Client job: Athlete We predominantly work with footballers, as well as rugby players and other athletes. The average career length for a footballer is eight years so they have a very short window of opportunity in terms of the planning that is available to them. Footballers now fall into two categories: players with pension benefit options that they had before A-Day in 2006 and players who became a professional after 2006 - the latter require different planni...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.