The global nature of international PMI means providers have to be on top of their game and get the claims process right first time, every time. Tim Mutton delves into the detail.
When customers buy an international health insurance policy, they buy a promise. It’s as simple as that. It’s a promise that their healthcare requirements will be taken care of, up to the limits of their chosen cover. It is the job of providers and brokers to help them understand exactly what they are entitled to and, most important of all, to deliver on the promise, to the highest standards, when a claim comes along. That isn’t easy, because managing claims in the international private medical insurance (PMI) market is fraught with challenges. First, it stands to reason that in a glo...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.