Misconceptions exist about what social media actually is and how it can be used by the protection industry as a sales and marketing channel. Christopher Tuite explains
All too often, discussions on social media lead to blank stares and tongue-in-cheek comments about it being just for watching dogs riding skateboards on YouTube, seeing pictures of inebriated friends on Facebook or outing celebrity faux pas on Twitter. The fact is that excellent opportunities for interacting instantly with consumers, clients and businesses now exist in ways that they never have before. Those that harness the power of social media first are likely to benefit from a huge commercial advantage. Wikipedia – itself a form of social media – defines it as “a term used to des...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.