Jonathan Watts-Lay explains why companies need to be clearer to employees about their retirement options
The changing pension and retirement landscape mean that employees have a number of options to consider. They save for many years into pension plans and other forms of investments to fund their retirement income, but are often left without any guidance at the point of retirement - just when they need to make what may be the biggest financial decision of their lives. With legislative changes such as the removal of the default retirement age and the requirement to buy an annuity, together with revised drawdown pension options and the introduction of auto-enrolment, the provision of financ...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.