For those considering the sector, Andy Couchman rounds up the main themes impacting IPMI over the past year and the one to come
International private medical insurance (IPMI) has become much more high profile in recent years, as more firms operate in various countries around the world and as more UK intermediaries recognise that this can be a highly profitable and growing market for them. For providers like Cigna the saturation level of broker involvement in the IPMI market appears to currently be around 85-90%. Commenting, Mark Coleman , director of international sales for the UK at Cigna, says: “We have seen a notable increase in agencies keen to develop within this niche area, and many are looking to set up sp...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.