Andrew Tully warns about the potential pension issues that arise when a client retires abroad
Retiring to sunnier climates is a reality for many Britons today, with more than one million people currently receiving their state pension overseas.1 Moving abroad can be both a nerve-wracking and exciting adventure. Either way, it is important people have easy access to all the information they need about moving abroad. If you have clients who fall into this group, there are numerous practical considerations, both financial and otherwise, which they need to take on board before they start packing their swimsuit and factor 25. While those retiring overseas are unlikely to be relying sol...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.