Helen Morrissey talks to a panel of experts about how they expect the equity release market to develop
Helen Morrissey: Welcome to the Retirement Planner equity release roundtable. Patterns of retirement are changing and as they change there's an increasing role for equity release. We're seeing a pattern where more people enter their retirement years with outstanding mortgages and debt on their credit cards etc. How can equity release help people to manage their situation? Roger Hillier: One of the aspects that is really evolving is how people are using the money they receive from equity release. If you look back at how the money was being used, say, ten years ago and what's happening toda...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.