With 2007 testing the mettle of the British public with the Northern Rock crisis and a predicted credit crunch, Peter Carvill looks to the year ahead and hears views from some industry commentators.
As one year ends and another begins, the protection industry is looking forward to the events, announcements and changes that are going to influence 2008. The New Year kicks off with the Association of British Insurers' (ABI) new initiative to finally resolve the issue of declined claims. Jonathan French, ABI spokesperson, was reluctant to discuss the finer details of the initiative ahead of the launch but he did confirm that new processes of best practice will be included. French says: "In a nutshell, this is about building on the work the industry has been doing on declined claims and...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.