Jonathan Stapleton looks at how the concept of 'Save More Tomorrow' can help firms increase employee pension savings and engagement
The concept of 'Save More Tomorrow', also known as 'SMarT', to which Royal London director of policy Steve Webb referred in his speech to the CISI Financial Planning Annual Conference, is not new - but is one that has not caught on in many UK occupational schemes. The scheme - designed by Richard Thaler, professor of behavioural science at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, and Shlomo Benartzi, a professor at the UCLA Anderson School of Management - allows workers to allocate a portion of future salary increases towards their retirement savings. An employee, therefore...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.