Our product crunchers analyse AXA Isle of Man's Estate Planning Account
The Estate Planning Account (EPA), from Axa Isle of Man, is an offshore single premium unit-linked Capital Redemption Bond combined with a trust, which can reduce your client's potential IHT liability. Trustees are appointed to invest and manage the money on behalf of the beneficiaries. There are two types of trust available: - Absolute trust: beneficiaries are chosen at the start and the trustees cannot change them. - Discretionary trust: the trustees have the power to decide who is to benefit from the classes of potential beneficiary.* The way the trusts are taxed is dependent on wh...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.