Nothing quite turns the tide and maps the path of the advice world quite like the plethora of mergers and acquisitions that keep us all on our toes.
Players continue to be squeezed out, but opportunity is, in many ways, on the way up. Firms are pursing scale ups and major digitalisation, and it doesn't come cheaply. Oxford Risk found acquisition activity is set for more significant rises in our biggest story this week, with wealth managers in the UK having acquired £137bn in 2022. Larger financial services firms are circling like vultures hunting for entry points into wealth management, and firms have never been keener on outsourcing or combining talents to plug holes and bolster capabilities. Elsewhere, Schroders said this week that...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.