Leaving money to charity in a will comes with IHT benefits, explains Neil MacGillivray
Let's face it, no one wants to think about their own mortality. But, as the old saying goes, the only two things certain in life are death and taxes. So, if we must think about taxes, we should also consider death too. I appreciate that you're thinking death and taxes are not exactly the cheeriest of topics, and you'd be right. However, when dealing with clients it's important to plan for the inevitable and, equally, it's an opportunity for your clients to consider leaving a lasting legacy through gifting to charities in their will. Apart from allowing them to support causes they care a...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.