There’s this bizarre preoccupation I’ve noticed lately with pretending that Consumer Duty isn’t literally just round the corner.
Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on how you look at things, that corner is July and there is no excuse now for sweeping discussions under the carpet. Our most read story this week was news the Financial Conduct Authority had written to protection market participants with its expectations. The watchdog outlined how it expects these firms to implement the rules and set out their supervisory strategies. We all know that if things go awry, the regulator will be the first to point out how much help was given to everyone, so best take a look! Elsewhere, Eden Park Investment Management a...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.