With the cost of living crisis squeezing outgoings and savings alike for UK consumers, The Exeter's head of protection distribution, Jamie Page, reviews the severity of the situation and how advisers can help their clients.
Between rising energy bills and rampant inflation, workers in the UK are facing an increasingly uncertain financial future in 2023 after an already tough 12 months in 2022. Our recent research, Challenging Times: The Health and Financial Fears of UK Workers, asked the working population to reflect on the pressures affecting their financial and health security in the current cost of living crisis. One of the most startling findings showed that almost 40% of adults save less than £100 a month, with one in seven saving nothing. This is vitally important for advisers to know, especiall...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.