Caitlin Southall looks at the various methods for commercial property purchase via a SIPP with a particular focus on partial purchase structure...
Commercial property continues to be a popular investment choice for clients using a self-invested personal pension (SIPP). There are numerous tax advantages associated with holding property within a pension wrapper, including no capital gains tax on sales proceeds, and no tax payable on rental income. There are a number of ways to fund the purchase of a commercial property via a pension. The most straightforward way is via a cash purchase, where transfers, contributions or disinvestments provide sufficient cash in the SIPP to purchase the property outright and also cover the cost of a...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.