Jack Rose urges advisers to consider the merits of business relief when planning to protect a client's legacy
Soaring inflation, rising house prices, and tax rises mean that savers and investors face the most challenging times in living memory. Six million people will be dragged into higher rates of income tax over the coming years. With thousands more families due to cross over the frozen inheritance tax (IHT) threshold, many will be thinking about their finances and the value of the legacy they can leave for their loved ones. Indeed by 2027/28, the average family will pay £100,000 more in IHT than when David Cameron became prime minister in 2010. This underlines just how important financi...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.