Value for money (VfM) in financial advice goes so much deeper than most clients would ever fully grasp. Until they have received advice over a long period of time or faced a particular adversity or challenge, it can be quite easy to dismiss VfM as a simplistic concept. A new take on VfM cropped up this week - the value a former defined benefit scheme member no longer in that arrangement gets out of their adviser. XPS Pensions Group research on this was by far our most popular story this week, with the consultancy coming out to say it held concerns about whether ex-final salary scheme member...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.