Laith Khalaf takes a look back over the last, shall we say, eventful 12 months in the investment world...
It's that time of year when thoughts turn to turkeys, hangovers, terrible jumpers, and if you're a financial commentator, trying to make some sense of the last twelve months while providing some reasonably idiot-proof predictions for the coming year. So here we go. Clearly the big political and economic event of the year has been the Russian invasion of Ukraine and the ensuing energy crisis. This had a huge effect on the monetary policy of central banks across the globe, and the spill over into bond and equity markets has been pronounced. Tighter monetary conditions have led to signif...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.