When it comes to retirement income options nothing is simple, writes Fiona Tait. Here she talks about the need for advice when clients are about to make their decumulation decisions...
The Work and Pensions Committee (WPC) have a habit of picking up on the practical issues which seem to evade government and regulators. Thus, they have opined in their latest report that ‘making pension decisions is complicated' and savers may need more support to help them find the right option for them. The fact that it hasn't become any easier since 2015 was once again brought home to me when I updated our Retirement Options guide which, despite my intention to make it as concise and simple as possible, still ran to 13 pages. What I found slightly surprising was that just over h...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.