Laith Khalaf explores the reasons for Liontrust's recent ESG IPO failure in his latest article for Professional Adviser...
Earlier this month, Liontrust's much anticipated ESG investment trust launched failed to get the £100m needed to get the IPO off the ground. This was an attractive proposition, run by an established and successful team, at a time when markets are buoyant, and in an area of investment where there's currently a lot of demand. The failure of this launch has naturally led some to conclude that the ESG market has now reached saturation point, and the boon in demand for ESG products is petering out. But so far, industry figures don't support that hypothesis. Latest figures from the Inves...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.