Gareth Johnson outlines a regulatory risk warning to all principal firms and appointed representatives who have arrangements involving seconded AR discretionary investment management staff...
As the saying goes, forewarned is forearmed: in this article, I raise a regulatory risk warning to all principal firms and appointed representatives (AR) who have arrangements involving seconded AR discretionary investment management staff. Hopefully, it will also prove useful to members of the discretionary investment management community contemplating striking out independently. We see clear warnings of a significant change in this area, and the Signature regulatory barometer needle is firmly pointing to ‘Stormy Weather.' All affected firms should be adding this issue to their senio...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.