Steve Andrews considers the much-misunderstood millennial generation's need for financial advice - digging underneath the headlines to gauge whether five common assumptions are fact or fiction
Millennials somehow pull off the feat of simultaneously being seen as the most entitled and yet the most financially squeezed generation ever. Nevertheless, they are set to receive an inheritance boom bigger than any other post-war generation. Millennials will one day become the richest generation, and they will need stringent advice on what to do with their wealth - not to mention how to keep afloat until they reach that point. So who or what is a millennial? Are they really all bearded hipsters who drink lattes from avocados and the reason we are no longer served food on regular plates...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.