Adviser training and education is a fast changing world post-RDR, writes Nick French
The Retail Distribution Review (RDR) has had many downstream effects on the nature of financial advice in the UK. Perhaps unexpectedly, training and education is one area that is fast changing to cater to the needs of advisers as they depart from product led advice to a more holistic approach. Many people thought the level four qualification required to be RDR ready would be the key and, indeed, only development in this space. Although this was a necessary compliance directive, the evolution of advice in a commission-free environment has affected the type of education advisers need...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.