Axa's Graham Harvey asks if proposals to 'read-across' the RDR to protection risk demeaning the treating customers fairly (TCF) principles...
Like many of you this time of year, my diary is packed with planning meetings for 2010. One announcement I know a lot of us will be waiting for early next year is the FSA recommendation on whether protection should be included in the Retail Distribution Review (RDR). Recently we carried out some research to find out what advisers really think about the commission debate, and 79% of respondents said they felt the move to a fee-based model would have a detrimental effect on the business. One adviser said: "We have consulted some of our clients and none would want to pay a fee for pro...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.