Canada Life has joined forces with trust specialists Zedra to launch a professional trustee service designed to help advisers establish and manage trusts on behalf of their clients.
The provider said the service would assist advisers and trustees navigate the Trustee Registration Service (TRS) introduced in September last year which is a regulatory requirement for the majority of UK express trusts. The service provides a corporate professional trustee to ensure all trustee duties are carried out on behalf of the settlor, trustees, and beneficiaries. Canada Life explained it could be used for new trusts and existing trusts where a professional trustee is required. The service also includes registration on the Irish CRBOT Trust Register, where appropriate, it added...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.