Liontrust Asset Management is currently “in discussions” with GAM over a potential acquisition.
Following press speculation today (18 April), Liontrust released a regulatory filing confirming it is in contact with the Swiss asset manager over the proposed acquisition of its entire share capital. Liontrust's intention would be to combine GAM's investment management business with its own, the company added. "Liontrust confirms it has made an approach to the board of GAM," it said. "There can be no certainty that this will lead to a formal offer in respect of the proposed acquisition, nor as to the timing or terms of any such offer and there can be no assurance that, even if agr...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.