The Transparency Task Force (TTF) has said almost all the feedback it received on Ashley Adler, the new chair of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), has been positive.
Adler was appointed to the role in July 2022 and according to a House of Commons Committee report, his first day is today (20 February). At the time of his appointment Adler was chief executive at the Securities and Futures Commission (SFC) in Hong Kong. Following the appointment announcement, the TTF surveyed its members and contacts in Asia Pacific about Adler and his reputation. It received 555 emails, almost all of which were positive. Respondents noted that Adler was "hands on, casual, competent and credible". One person said that it was largely because of Adler that Hong Kong...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.