The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has urged those wealth management firms which have not yet implemented their own diversity and inclusion (D&I) strategies to start now.
Speaking yesterday (7 December) at the Personal Investment Management & Financial Advice Association's 2022 Talent, Diversity and Inclusion Conference, FCA head of department, strategic and cross-cutting policy Alexander Smith said: "Please do not wait until the FCA publishes its consultation to make change. We want to continue to drive the positive change in the industry." The aim is to design regulation which works with the momentum in the industry. Smith said: "Normally the FCA set an expected standard which firms have to reach but any D&I regulation will be setting a minimum stand...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.