The number of transfer quotation requests and transfer payments “remained relatively stable” over most of 2021, according to research by Barnett Waddingham.
The consultant's analysis of cash equivalent transfer values (CETVs) revealed that, aside from "the usual drops off" in quotes over the New Year period, there was "somewhat surprising stability" in transfer activity in the last 12 months. The firm's analysis found the observed activity is "similar to pre-pandemic levels", suggesting the changes introduced by the Financial Conduct Authority in October 2020 have yet to have a significant impact on transfer value activity as was widely predicted, and the pandemic has not yet had a lasting material impact on member behaviour. The analysis...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.