Research from Barclays Smart Investor revealed that two-thirds (63%) of investors believe that pandemic-hit industries such as hospitality and travel will bounce back, even though two-thirds also named new coronavirus variants as their biggest concern for financial markets.
The survey of 2,000 UK investors also revealed that 59% of respondents are worried about rising inflation, while half the respondents said they are concerned about a market bubble bursting by the end of the year. A tech bubble is of a particular concern, with 42% of respondents naming this as a worry. Despite these fears, however, 59% of investors revealed they are feeling optimistic about financial markets for the rest of the year, while 60% are confident the successful vaccine rollout will help markets. Over the next five years, UK investors see sustainable energy, technology, healt...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.